Questions on Chord Chart widget

Hello there! :upside_down_face:
I have been looking at the Chord Chart and I’m wondering if you can clarify a few things. :thinking:

Looking at the sample dashboard “Global Threats” in the widget “Top Threat Directions”, I have removed the limit on the threat count, and filtered on year 2015 and industry Banking, as pictured:

Question #1: When you mouse-over China, the Threat Count says 5948 but how is Arcadia coming up with this total? From the sample dataset, I can’t get to that number. :confused:

Question #2: The type of arrow being displayed can be a bit misleading. Having an arrow pointing in both directions with one total could mislead a user whe there is only 1 direction:
and when there are 2 directions, where the total would be different depending on the direction (the data has CHN to DEU as 1029, but DEU to CHN as 107).

Question #3: On the image showing BLR, why is the label showing BLR first instead of CHN? Because the data has source as CHN and target as BLR (see at the end of the post)

Question #4: Does Arcadia plan to allow both direction totals to be displayed in the tooltip via a widget setting?

Question #5: Does Arcadia plan to add the possibility to include more information in the tooltip like percentage of totals as a setting?

Here is the source of the data where CHN is the source_country, and when CHN is the country:

source_country country sum(count)
CHN BLR 53
CHN CHN 519
CHN DEU 1,029
CHN IRL 496
CHN KOR 271
CHN NZL 274
CHN PHL 893
CHN RUS 406
CAN CHN 384
CHE CHN 427
DEU CHN 107
FRA CHN 509
IND CHN 81
KOR CHN 878
LBR CHN 309
MKD CHN 297

Thank you in advance for the help! :+1:t4:

@fernie I don’t think the chord chart does not handle the bi-directional data you provided, which is leading to the discrepancies.

I recommend using the network chart which visualize bi-directional data much better, and with a lot more options.

Here’s what your data will look like if you used the network charts - notice that it provides a lot more options to configure the visual and it makes the direction of the data much easier to decipher. Highly recommend this approach instead for your specific data.

Thank you for the suggestion Shaun.
The widget that I showed comes from the sample data and dashboards that comes installed with Arcadia. I figured the examples created were examples on how to use the different widget types :thinking:

Seems like the chord widget might just be missing some extra features to make it great :wink: