Interactive Map

Hi, I am using Arcadia Enterprise 4.4 and trying to use Interactive Map to plot US zip codes and color them by different segments. I’ve tried using the Colors option in the visual Shelf but that does not seem to work. Could you please assist?

@sourav.ghoshray the reason you’re not seeing colors in your map is because you’ve enabled the “Cluster” option, which is grouping your points at a higher level. If you turn this option off, and turn on the “Circle” option (if not already enabled), then you should be able to see the colors for zip code data points on the map.

Hi Tadd,

I had already tried that option before - but it doesn’t solve the purpose here. Ideally I would expect the Map to show different colors as per the different segments (“disaster_period” has values of “Hurricane Florence”, “Hurricane Irma” and “Wildfires”), so basically expecting to see 3 different colors for the 3 disasters. However as you would notice there’s just 1 color throughout. Please refer to the screenshots attached.

Thanks,
Sourav

@sourav.ghoshray if you look inside the heat maps (shown in green) you’ll see your circle data points are colored based on the disaster_period, which means that the color palette is being applied properly. You should also consider turning off the Heatmap layer to see your colored points more clearly.

Hi Tadd,

If you see the disaster_period that I’ve selected, there’s just 2 values and it is mapped by zip codes. So wildfires are all tagged to California zip codes and Irma is tagged to Florida and North /South Carolina. But we are seeing the same color palette for both the disasters. So I am still not sure if the color option is working as intended.

Thanks,
Sourav

@sourav.ghoshray you still need to turn off the Heatmap layer to see your data points. The giant orange blobs are showing up because you have the Heatmap turned on.

Hi Tadd,

As you would see, disabling the Heatmap doesn’t show any color at all - refer screenshot.

Thanks,
Sourav

@sourav.ghoshray try removing your filter as well and see if the points show up.

Removing the filter doesn’t change anything - still no points are visible - same as before. Only by enabling Cluster Layer, we are able to see the orange clusters. So still not sure how to use the color option

Hi Tadd,

Could you please look in to the below issue - I am still not able to see the colors.

Thanks,
Sourav