Filtering of bar charts splitted by colours

If you build a bar chart you can split it by colours, such that one bar is devided in two parts. If you click on a bar in the chart, you’ll can use the option “Enable Filter on Click”. Neverthelless, it is only possilbe to filter for one part of the devided bar. It is not possible to filter on the whole bar. Could you help me with this Problem, please?

@Friedrich, when you click a bar or part of a bar in the case you’re using the Color shelf, you’re still broadcasting that main bar Dimension value into the Dashboard (i.e. Region = West), which will allow other Visuals to be filtered by that value:

Can you explain a little more about your use-case? There are ways to explicitly filter your other Visuals by only certain fields (i.e. Region), which might be what you’re looking for here.

@Friedrich I suggest you also watch our training video on filtering that Tadd alluded to. It will help demonstrate how to control filtering using “scope” rules.

Hey, thank you so much for your quick response!

Can you explain a little more about your use-case? There are ways to explicitly filter your other Visuals by only certain fields (i.e. Region), which might be what you’re looking for here.

By clicking on the first bar it is just possible to filter for “Ohne DA” or for “Mit DA”. But I want to filter for “GM-A CC” which would include “Ohne DA” and “Mit DA“

Thank you I will watch them