Error when switching between Dashboards in an App

Hi. I have 3 dashboards in one app. I have no error when I open them. But if I switch from one visual to another, the following error appears:

Visual 10470 - Could not load data

error: (HY000, None) AnalysisException: Syntax error in line 2: ...lendarweek` as **INTEGER)))=, (TA_0.`fw`)**, NULL))) as `(... ^ Encountered: COMMA Expected: CASE, CAST, DEFAULT, EXISTS, FALSE, IF, INTERVAL, NOT, NULL, REPLACE, TRUNCATE, TRUE, IDENTIFIER CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error

I have 3 global filters and when I am switching the dashboard, it looks like a comma (…INTEGER)))=, …) is in the filter out of nowhere. What is the problem here?

Thank you
Georg

@Georgio You might want to check the dataset definition and see if any of the columns you are using have been changed to be a different type.

1. What version of Arcadia are you using?

2. And what connection type?

Hi Shaun. You were right, I changed the data type while importing data. Right now, I did not change the data and still have the problem. It does not affect my dashboard or data, I just have an annoying error message.

1. We use 4.5
    2, I am using uploaded csv data

Visual 10470 - Could not load data
error: (HY000, None) AnalysisException: Syntax error in line 2: …lendarweekas INTEGER)))=, (TA_0.fw), NULL))) as(… ^ Encountered: COMMA Expected: CASE, CAST, DEFAULT, EXISTS, FALSE, IF, INTERVAL, NOT, NULL, REPLACE, TRUNCATE, TRUE, IDENTIFIER CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error

@Georgio so are using a sqlite connection or something else for your source data?

Also is calendarweeks a column in your dataset? is it a calculated column with a custom expression?

hi shaun,

My source data is an upload .csv.

I have a column in my data named “Month” - The data is something like “September” (string). It is not calculated. When I upload the data (.csv file), Arcadia interprete this column as a date format. I have to change it manually back to a string. When I do this, the error mentioned above occurs.

CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error
Visual 10527 - Could not load data
error: (HY000, None) AnalysisException: Syntax error in line 2:
…(if((TA_0.calendarweek)=, (TA_0.ir), NULL))) as `(…
^

@Georgio I assume you are using Arcadia Instant and uploading the CSV into default sqlite database.

Without the sample CSV it’s hard to know what’s happening.

Generally during the CSV upload/import you can change the type to STRING. You have to ensure you APPLY CHANGES before clicking CONFIRM IMPORT.