Drillthrough from summary Report

Hi,

I have a scenario where in first screen user can see summary and from their they can navigate to different visuals/dashboard. Please look at below image, when user click on ABC then it should navigate/drill-through to SC1 table based visual/dashboard and when use clicks on XYZ then it should be navigate/drill-through to SC2 table based visual/dashboard. Please suggest how can we achieve this.

Note: the fields in SC1 and SC2 tables are not similar.

Thank you,
Ganesh

@Ganesh The current out of the box feature “Navigate to Dashboard” currently only supports a single target dashboard/visual.

http://documentation.arcadiadata.com/latest/#pages/topics/data-discovery-drill-through.html

If you want the click behavior to navigate to different dashboards based on the value being clicked, then we have to investigate custom extension/style approach.

Thank you shaun, I was thinking other way of having one visual/dashboard instead of having multiple and changing the visual column layout based the value we pass from Summary dashboard, for this I may use sqlvisual but not sure whether we can pass value from summary to sqlvisual, I yet to explore. Please suggest if any otherway of doing it.

E.g
Select *from sc1(when user clicks ABC) / sc2 (when user clicks XYZ)

Regards,
Ganesh

@Ganesh The basic strategy could be to create within Arcadia UI a dataset from SQL expression where we use parameters <<…>> to switch between the two tables. Using an expression to this:

select  *  from db.<<product:abc>> 

The name of the table should match the product value. So you would need to have a tables called “xyz” and “abc”

You can read more about dataset from SQL here: http://documentation.arcadiadata.com/latest/#pages/topics/create-dataset.html#create-dataset-from-query

Than you shaun, but in real world it does help since table name will be different and those long and we are still with 4.4v it does not have above option to modify at dataset level. Any other thoughts with using CSS/JAVAscript, please share.

Ganesh - unfortunately it’s not possible to switch the dataset table using CSS/Javascript.

You can create dataset from SQL using the “Save Table” feature and choosing “Dataset directly from query” option as mentioned in this post (it’s available in 4.4)