Creating fixed Date Range buttons for Time Series Dashboards

Use-case:

I’m looking to create Time series dashboards and visuals that can be filtered by various date ranges that are fixed (i.e 1D, 5D, 1M, 3M… 5Y).

Solution:

Using Arcadia’s Custom Dates and “Quick Filters” options with your filter widget, you can create Dashboards that use fixed date ranges to filter your time series visual.

Step 1: Create your Custom Date range.

First, click on the Settings icon and select “Custom Dates”

NOTE: Access to this setting requires the following permission in your user’s Arcadia Role:

47%20PM

Then click “Add New Range” for each range you’re interested in having in your dashboard. In this example I’ve created date range options for 1 Day, 5 Days, 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, 1 Year, 2 Years and 5 Years. Notice the the Start and End Date Anchors are set to “Today”. This ensures that the date range is always dynamic. The “Subtract” rules also dictate how far back to from the anchor date that the date range should span. For example, the “5Y” range is set to subtract 5 Years from the anchor date in order to create a filter window that represents the “last 5 years” of data.

After you’ve created your Custom Date range, make sure to click “Save”, and then navigate to your Dashboard.

Step 2: From your Dashboard, add your Date/Time filter field to the filter shelf of the Dashboard, and select the dropdown arrow on the left of the filter and click “Quick Filters”

06%20AM

Then hover over the “cog” symbol on your Date/Time field filter widget and click “configure filter”:

38%20AM

In the Settings of the filter widget, click “Range”, and then in the dropdown select the Custom Date range you created in the previous step (i.e. My Custom Date Range (1D - 5Y) ), and click “Apply”:

Step 3: Now from your Dashboard, click on one of your custom date range buttons and your Dashboard should update to reflect your metrics within that window of time:

Before:

After:

2 Likes