Can I use list of attributes in filter

I have a multi-line graph for five different comparison.
I want to choose any two or three or all attribute for comparison in graph.
Can you suggest me how can I make a Custom filter.

@rawadhwal How did you setup your line chart? are those values coming from dimension column or separate measures?

Apple, Banana, Mango, etc … are these dimension values?
If so, you can simply use that dimension into the filter area.

Here’s an example where we are plotting multi-line graph with “Region” in the color shelf.

Then we click “Region” to place as Filter in the dashboard:

Then we can start making selection to perform comparison:

Hi Shaun,

Date is dimension apart from that all other(Apple, Mango etc) are measures.

In graph I have one actual count other are predicted counts.
I want to view.

1. All count comparison in line graph.
  2. Standard count compared with individual counts.
    For this to implement I may have to built 5 individual visuals in a dashboard.
    but if I can form a filter where I can select what to compare with(either two lines, three or all) one visual will be ok.

@rawadhwal Thanks for the clarification. So your scenario you want to selectively choose different measures using the custom filter.

First I would recommend you watch our online training video module on parameters which covers custom filters. Around the 12:30 mark we have specific example on custom filter usage.

Watching the training video should get you comfortable with the syntax & usage of parameters:

<<param : default >>

In your scenario, the setup will be similar. Here’s a step-by-step guide.

1. The settings you want selected will be important to get your scenario to work. Here’s the filter widget settings you want to use:

2. The values you want to specify will look similar to below. Essentially you want to include the aggregate expression like “sum([Profit])” in the Value column.

3. As the training video shows, now when you make selections in the filter widget, global parameters are set at the dashboard level.

4. Then within the visual, you want to use the parameter syntax. As an example for profit aggregate you want to specify expression like this:

<<Profit amount:>>

5. Now I can add/remove measures based on selections:

1 Like