Analytical Views Accessing from other Reporting tools

Let say, if I created a AV on my HIVE db through Arcadia and then I connected to my hive database through Cognos/Tableau with hive drivers to access the AV. How AV process/works at back end to provide the data, do they still use ArcEngine or runs with MapReducer programe ?

If we access the Analytical views through other reporting tables, can I expect the same performance improvement which I was seeing through Arcadia?

Ganesh,

Let say, if I created a AV on my HIVE db through Arcadia and then I connected to my hive database through Cognos/Tableau with hive drivers to access the AV. How AV process/works at back end to provide the data, do they still use ArcEngine or runs with MapReducer programe ?

Analytical Views (AVs) are created through the Arcadia connection (Arcadia Analytics Engine) and can only be accessed through an Arcadia connection (in the Arcadia UI) or a ODBC/JDBC connection to the Arcadia Analytics Engine with 3rd Party tools. For example, when connecting to Arcadia from Tableau, you can use the Impala ODBC connector and point to the hostname of an Arcadia Analytics Engine daemon (on port 31050):

39%20PM

If we access the Analytical views through other reporting tables, can I expect the same performance improvement which I was seeing through Arcadia?

Queries running through Arcadia that are targeting Analytical Views have been proven to accelerate query performance by several orders of magnitude. Since Analytical Views are only accessible through an Arcadia connection (Arcadia Analytics Engine), you would not be able to accelerate queries directly through other types of connections such as Hive ODBC, but you should be able to use Impala ODBC connectors supported in 3rd Party tools as show in the example above to reach an Arcadia Analytics Engine.

@Ganesh As Tadd mentioned you connect Tableau directly to Arcadia using ODBC driver. Below is simple diagram of how that looks like.

Although data stored in HDFS is shared across both Arcadia and Hive, Analytical Views (which are stored in HDFS as well) are only accessible through Arcadia.

Once you have Impala ODBC driver and configured your connection in Tableau to point to port 31050 of Arcadia, you want to do a “Live Connect” to your base table that’s stored in HDFS - this is your raw fact table. Then use that data to build your report.

Arcadia will handle “accelerating” your queries by leveraging the Analytical Views (AVs) automatically behind the scenes that you already created. You do not want to use the Analytical Views directly.

Thank you @toddwood & @ Shaun, for your help on this. will go with the provided steps and get back if any queries.